I'm having one of those weeks where I'm counting down to a much needed holiday. You know the feeling where if you are trying to complete a task but if it isn't directly to do with the holiday then your hearts not in it. Well that's where my heads at currently.
Mrs Moonplanter and I are off to Scotland for a couple of weeks to walk the West Highland Way with some friends. We have been training for the walk over the past 6 months or so and everyday we walk the dogs about four miles to get them ready for the hike.
We are driving from the Shire to Scotland on Friday in a camper van we have hired from Quirky Campers, and the van is called Bella. Bella is quirky to say the least as you can see from this picture.
According to the description Bella was possibly made by the gnomes and faeries, which is quite easy to believe with all that funky woodwork. The major selling point for us was the wood burning stove which will keep us warm at night. An absolute must for us as we even have a log burner in our Bell tent.
Mrs Moonplanter and I have packed everything in readiness, we at least she did all the organizing and packing and I lifted things that were too heavy for her to move. Thursday I'm picking Bella up and then we will have the rest of the day to load here up ready for a crack of dawn departure on Friday.
Google Maps say 8 hours and 12 minutes is what it should take, but factoring in a few stops on the way and its probably going to be closer to 12 hours I would have thought.
With my Blogger app on my phone and a Bluetooth keyboard ready to go I can blog the adventure as it happens.
Oh and about the Cuckoo. I'm always on the lookout for the first cuckoo each year and this year I didn't hear it before I saw it. Sadly it had flown into a window and died before it could utter a peep. So here it is, my first cuckoo of 2017.

No comments:
Post a Comment